We already did the heavy lifting, so you don't have to
Whether you’re shipping goods on a barge down the Mississippi, running your business out of your tractor or shipping products around the world – we are your access point.
Supply chain logistics and moving goods to market is more efficient with:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP), which has service to 145+ non-stop and 19 international non-stop destinations, has been ranked – for four years in a row – as the best airport of its size in North America by Airports Council International.
- Three interstate highways (I-90, I-94, and I-35).
- Nine commercial airports.
- Eight commercial ports on Lake Superior and the Mississippi River opening up domestic and global destinations.
- Four Class I freight rail lines with over 3,500 Class I rail miles (out of a total of 4,500 freight railroad miles operated by 21 railroad companies).
- Three foreign trade zones.
You can be connected to global markets at your fingertips with high speed broadband.
- 92% of Minnesota households have access to 25/3 speed internet.
We invest in our workforce to help them power your business.
- Child care grants – we have statewide child care grants aimed to help reduce the child care shortage and support workers finding affordable child care options where they live.
- Broadband – our leading broadband program brings high speed broadband to underserved and unserved areas across Minnesota aiming to make it possible to connect to your employees no matter where they live.
- Our workforce strategy consultants have a business development expert in every region of the state. They work in partnership with our state, regional and local-level stakeholders. They can help you with your workforce's recruitment, training, and development to ensure you get the talent you need for your operation.